Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day Sixteen: The Rainbow Kicked My Ass Today

The product of my morning and homework.
Unfortunately, I have yet to acquire the fine eye for color and value diffrentiation that Paul has mastered over his many years of painting. I am quite amazed by Paul's ability, actually, because while he flew around the room assisting my classmates with their colors, I sat on my stool for the majority of the morning squinting. I'm sure my squint face is beautiful - not. It's a good thing that I'm in this class, otherwise I don't think anybody could teach me this level of color control.

Though domino-effect caused by finding an inacurate middle gray was lessened in the creation of the color wheel as compared to the grayscale, it still proved to be a painstaking process. I never before realized the amount of work that would go into creating a color spectrum, and how inacurate many hues (with the exception of yellow) are straight out of the tube.Though I enjoy figure drawing/painting exercises more than those involving theory, my difficulty with these challenges is exactly why I must grit my teeth and bear it, and hopefully, I will improve :)

After lunch, Gabby, Sami, and I continued working on our dress. The majority of the skirt is done, in addition to the bodice. We decided that with the time on our hands, that we would create extra accessories. We plan on making a clutch handbag, an arm cuff, and a bracelet. We chose photoshoot timeslots, and our group will be staging our photos on Thursday. That's only two days away! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment